Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Letter (Part II)

14 February 1932


Charles,

I saw her. Last night, in a dream.

We were in a park, strolling and holding hands. Leaves were falling all around us. Bright red ones, orange leaves, golden foliage. I cannot recall most of what happened but a lightness in my chest lingers. It's like sunshine spreading out to the darkest corners of my insides. Even now, I still feel it.

In truth, I haven't seen Joanne in a while. But, it is as if, she is with me all the time. I am certain that our paths will cross again. An invisible thread connects the two of us; an umbilical cord binds us navel to navel. With my every pulse, I can hear the drone of her heart and I know, somehow, somewhere, she's waiting for me to find her again. Until that pre-destined moment of our meeting, I hope my dreams of her would never end.


F.R.


*Happy Hearts Day everyone! :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment