Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Friend Zone #99

Finally, I had the courage to ask him out. And, I got rejected. In our modern times, I guess the right term would be "friend zoned".

I've been thinking about popping the question for weeks. I thought about how to say it several times. It wasn't easy baring your heart like that but there are just some things that you've got to go through. And, this was one of those things. I had to know where things fall. Whatever happens, that moment would always be a turning point in our friendship.

I was scared but from the start, I was expecting him to say "No." What I didn't expect was the feeling of being light, of being unburdened, like your heart was soaring over your body. Maybe it was adrenaline pumping. It was sad, too. But not too sad that I can't cope.

I didn't expect to be fine but, here I am with my head above the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment