Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Kindness of Strangers

I was heading home last night and I was at the LRT station waiting for the train to arrive. Three trains have already passed by bursting with people all wanting to go home. A few more minutes a mob of people eager to get home was at the train platform. It was hot, humid, and there was no wind blowing.

That's when I started to feel a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. No, this can't be happening again, I thought. Two years ago, in December, I fainted at the LRT station inside the train. I recall I was standing and when I woke up I was seated and people were fanning my face. Two years later I did collapse again.

I was certain I was going to die. It felt like I was dying. And no, I'm not exaggerating. I'm claustrophobic, by the way, and that doesn't help either. I started to yawn - a sign that oxygen-rich blood was not reaching my brain. And the I broke out a cold, clammy sweat. I knew I was going to pass out when I felt a thousand pins and needles endlessly piercing through my neck and the base of my head. Then, I lost consciousness, everything went black. I fell to the platform floor and it was a good thing the lady behind me (with her good reflexes - thank God) rushed to cradle my head before I totally hit the pavement.

Next thing I knew, a guy was holding me by the armpits (dyahe moment) and seated me in a chair the security personnel was offering. They fanned me, gave me water and candies, and applied White Flower on my forehead. That was Andrea and her friends. Andrea even accompanied me all the way to my station.

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to these people who helped during this brain-zapped moment. This post is not enough to thank them, I know. So in return, I'll pay it forward to another soul.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes strangers are kinder than friends dude :-D ...did you check your totem after you woke up? :-D -Euge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, late reaction? hahaha. Anyway, SPOILER ka. Di ko pa napapanood ang Inception so no 'Inception' jokes please. I know, LOSER ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha sorrrrry well watch it na dude super brain blender! I'm actually searching for a Totem myself (a VMS file will do me good) hahaha ok no more clues. Sige I'll check out your blog more often mwahahaha lest you show me the sacred sign of those who cleareth...the almighty complan symbol.

    ReplyDelete