Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pins and Needles

Tattoos are sexy, I guess, especially when you choose the right design that suits you. I had an officemate who had one recently. It was nice and -yes- sexy. A cursive writing stamped across his forearm which reads: Redemption. One might wonder: why Redemption? I'll leave it to you how you want to permutate or speculate on this. I don't want to dwell on what personal battles this acquaintance might have.

I've always wondered why people get tattoos. Explain it to a hemaphobic like me. The thought of needles make me sick. Is it for aesthetic purposes? Or is it like a shoutout? A personal statement?

The point is, I am considering getting one. Something gory, with arrows and hearts, snakes even. Riiiight. Kidding aside, I'm thinking a small tattoo on my wrist. Something that can pass as mindless ink scribbles. Barely there, yet once etched cannot be erased. Something that will read: Absolution. My mind's not made up yet. If I do decide to get one, I'll do it in March. Or April even.So that the scars will always make me remember.

4 comments:

  1. Why not a quote that you REALLY like? Something short, para hindi masyadong masakit.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about: "You don't need him." Sounds good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehek. Parang pagsisisihan mo yan in the future.
    Something more, I hate to use the word but, "profound". :D

    ReplyDelete