Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Count your blessings: September in Review

Mom turned 48 years old . Hooray! :D

Blow the candle!
Ivan turned 25 years old. :D
Cheers to more years!
My first time to set foot in Mindanao. First time to eat a sea urchin and I found out it was delicious, too.
Cruised throught the City of Golden Friendship with my bestfriends :)

Was awestruck by the beauty of Katibawasan Falls in Camiguin

Survived the longest zipline in Asia at Dahilayan adventure park
Survived the flashflood while rafting down the Cagayan River
Hmmm, what else?
  • Watched the Phantom of the Opera for the first time: one thing that got crossed out my bucket list :D
  • Simply spending time with family and friends - goofing around and acting like idiots everytime we see each other
  • Dad preparing food for me everyday <3>
  • Apologizing to someone, being granted forgiveness, and knowing that you are at peace with the person you look up to as your big brother. It really warms my heart.  :)

There. To tell the truth, September was a pretty rough month for me. There are things, persons even, that I had to let go of, either because of my own choice or because of choices made by other people for me. It's hard writing this post. It's hard to feel cheery at all. However, at the end of the day, there is still sooo much to be thankful for, so many things to be strong for. I don't want to be preachy and I can't speak for everyone else. But I know that what matters now is how we move forward. How we will stay strong - for ourselves and for the people around us. I want to move forward and believe that everything happens for a reason, that there is a higher power at work somewhere and everything will just fall into their right places, that a setback can actually be just another blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment