Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Flee


Focus on a sole purpose
Of putting one foot in front of the other
Concentrate on breathing as my lungs gasp for air
Stay standing when my knees begin to buckle
And my legs start to shake at the weight of my own existence

Run until my legs are weak
Speed blurring the boundaries of certainty and uncertainty
Run until my lungs seem to burst and the drumming song muted, just another tune
All that would be left is me running around the orbit of my own world

Chase away all other thoughts
Save for the track, only the track is present
Save for what is here and now
Empty out all anxious thoughts
All words I long to say but will never express
Turn all emotional turmoil into a tangible, physical pain
Which I can endure
This is what I can endure

This is the reason why I run.

*Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment