Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I thought I'm done with this

This is maddeningly irritating and blissful both at the same time. I must be going crazy. It’s like my face muscles have an on/off switch whenever you’re around. I mean, it begins to stretch into a smile on its own, like it’s on some sort of tonic.

The fact is, I cannot decide whether to ignore you or not. I’ve been fence-sitting for a while now. Experience tells me to cross you off but instincts (read: hormones) tell me to reconsider. You’re not the perfect person I’ve envisioned you to be. Yes, I’ve been foolish enough to think that way. For someone who has sworn off idealism, that’s not only foolish, that’s naïve.

There’s enough evidence to say that I’m better off without you. And besides, I don’t want to compromise whatever friendship we have. That sounds like a very convenient excuse, doesn’t it? I’m not really convinced with my reasons, too. All I know is that I look for you when you’re gone and that I’m sincerely very glad every time I see you.

Uh-oh, there goes my facial muscles again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment