Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blah

So far, my calendar is still full --- of meetings and deadlines. And here I am blogging, foregoing precious minutes I can use to polish a presentation or to cook up some analysis for some data.

I've been in this industry for almost four years now. The road has never been smooth, of course. I am not complaining - no one is. But somehow, sometimes I think of how it would be like to work on a less cerebral (for a lack of a better term) atmosphere. What if at the end of an eight-hour shift I can, actually, call it quits. Like I wouldn't have to think about work on weekends. Wouldn't it be nice to leave everything behind at the office after your work shift?

Don't get me wrong, I think I'm in the right job. I love brainstorming and making sense out of numbers. I like the perks that comes with all the clout this work can give you. But, of course, along with the perks, there comes the inevitable stress that sometimes you really feel like you just want to take a break for some time. I need "sanity breaks", just like everyone else. I need to not think, even on a temporary basis only.

2 comments:

  1. If you can't blog (if Mother May is looking) Sometimes staring at the office ceiling works. Check out those small dots up there....yup that's right! them mini holes on them rectangular cream steel frame. Sometimes...if you stare long enough...you'll be able to conjure different shapes and images like bunnies, volcanoes and even dinosaurs:-) Just a great little exercise to ready up for another session with numbers and clients :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I find them mini holes in them rectangular cream steel frame verryyy inspiring! I'm not sure though if I should take your advice seriously. Enlighten me please ! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete