Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Metaphysics

I believe that souls are reborn. (Or maybe Cloud Atlas has inception-ized my brain.)

Who could I've been in my past life? Maybe I was a jester at King Henry VIII's court. I may have been a surfer dude in Hawaii. Or a professor of music in some esteemed school halfway around the globe.

Who am I now? I'm not so sure, but if we define personality by what people do, then I guess, I am a senior media planner (pinay media planner, naks) in a media agency. Funny how it sounds so generic, like it could be anyone. It doesn't quite answer the question. If we define ourselves by the job we do, it feels like we know so little of ourselves we let our circumstances define who we are. But then, how does one define personality? But I digress. This is not the point of this post.

I would be somebody else the next time my soul is reborn. I could be somebody else now in a parallel universe for all I know. However, I will never know that I've been reborn. I can speculate that I've had a past life but I would not be able to recollect moments of that supposed past life. I guess that's why we say "You Only Live Once" nowadays. I believe in souls being reborn and in YOLO. Ironic, isn't it? Not quite.

In parallel universes I might've exist or still exist, past lives I might've lived through, but my here and now is well, here and now, right at this moment. I will never be more conscious that I am alive than I am right now. Flesh and blood, living and breathing at this moment. What I do now I won't be able to recall next time. So I say let's stop taking each moment for granted and start living.

The point of this post? Nothing, just trying to be profound for a change (and trying to eliminate writer's block in the process). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment