Thursday, July 5, 2012

Of Tattoos and Super Mario Brothers


From a long day at the office, I found myself, finally, on my way home. I was lucky to find a seat  inside the crowded LRT train. I was seated next to a skinhead guy with several tattoos stamped on his body. I find tattoos intriguing and even considered getting inked once (when I was younger) so I discreetly studied the tattoos of this person seated next to me.

He had one abstract tattoo on his left arm. I think those were flames in red and blue. Aside from the tattoo, his left arm was adorned by several baller IDs and chunky bracelets. Nothing special about the arm tattoo; just the usual designs you can find in henna tattoo "lookbooks".

But, the standout tattoo can be found on his neck. I committed that tattoo to memory because it was interesting, like a recollection of my own childhood. Again, this tattoo was etched in blue and red ink. The drawing below is my recollection of the said tattoo.


This is my recollection of the tattoo. Yes, there were (red) waves even.  
I restrained myself from humming the Mario brothers theme while looking at his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment