Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 2: A quote from "The Art of Racing in the Rain"

This is my favorite quote from the book:

“To live every day as if it had been stolen from death, that is how I would like to live. To feel the joy of life, as Eve felt the joy of life. To separate oneself from the burden, the angst, the anguish that we all encounter every day. To say I am alive, I am wonderful, I am. I am. That is something to aspire to.”

Aside from the above, here are other memorable quotes that I try to live by:

“There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.”

“That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves.”


“[T]he race is long - to finish first, first you must finish.” 

“The car goes where the eyes go.”

2 comments:

  1. I like the second to the last one. Very Yoda-ish. Hehe. How are you dear? Ok ba sa BGC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay :) A bit stressed from commuting but the new place is a breath of fresh air from the hustle and bustle of Makati life :D

      Delete